We want to tell you how we protect your information, why we ask you for certain information and how long we will keep it for. We will also tell you what rights you have over how we treat your information and what to do if you want us to stop using it
Our Reading Den may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please make sure you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Who we are
Our Reading Den Ltd. Company No. 12011478
Contact: Samantha Lamacraft
Registered address: 11 Braybrooke Road, Wargrave, RG10 8DU
Phone: 07816 350790
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
- Contact us by telephone, email, post, our website, or any of our social media accounts (such as our Instagram or Facebook pages).
- Enter one of our competitions.
- Submit a book review.
- Create an account for our website
The information you provide to us might include:
- Your first and last name
- Your Age
- Contact information including email address
- Home address – if you win any competitions.
- Home Town
- Password and login details (if you create an account on our website)
When you open an Our Reading Den account we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You will be able to see, change, or delete your personal information at any time (except you cannot change your username). Website administrators can also see and change that information.
If you are a visitor to the website we will collect certain information about how you use our site, what searches you made, which pages you visited and other sites that you go to from our site. We can also receive technical information that your computer, tablet or phone tells us, like what type of device you are using and your geographical location. We collect this information using small bits of computer software called Cookies. For more information on cookies and what you can do to disable cookies on our website, please read our Cookies Policy.
If you contact us (whether by email, telephone, or social media), we will collect any information contained in any correspondence between us.
If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook, we may also, in accordance with the privacy policies of those social media platforms, collect information about other people that you follow, or interact with, on social media.
Why we collect this information
We collect this information:
- So that you can submit a book review
- So that you can determine your age when you write a review which will help us put the reviewed book in the correct age category.
- So that you will be able to set up your own “My Reading Den” page
- So you can set up a new password if you have forgotten the current one.
- If we need to contact you with regards to a competition
Where do we store your personal information and how is it kept secure?
Most of the information you provide us with will be sent electronically, for example, information given to us via the website. Information sent via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect any information sent in this way, we cannot guarantee its complete security.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept as secure as possible. In order to prevent other people that do not have our permission getting access to your information, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to protect the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us will be stored on our secure servers which are in the UK. No information you provide to us is transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area.
We make sure that all your data is kept in a very safe place and given protection against any unauthorised access.
Any personal information sent directly to our email address will be stored on a secure password protected computer which is stored in a secure building. This computer is protected by an internet security and anti-virus software.
The basis on which we process your information
We will only ever use your information on the following grounds
- To keep providing you with a better service, and to continually improve this service.
- To detect and stop fraud
- To run a safe and lawful business; and share information with those who help us do this.
What We do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping
- We may use this information to improve our products and services.
- To process your entry to any competitions or prize draws (either on the basis of your consent, or performing our contract with you);
- We may use this information if you request information about the products you have viewed on our site be sent to you.;
- To carry out research about how people use our website (either on the basis of your consent where we have requested it, or our legitimate interest in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users);
- To provide customer service and support (on the basis of our contract with you), deal with enquiries or complaints about our products or website and share your information with our website developer and IT support provider, as necessary to provide the customer support (on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing the correct products and services to you)
- We may send you information regarding any changes/updates in our terms and conditions and/or policies.
In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described previously, we may share your personal information with third parties we work with to deliver our business. These will be:
- third party providers of services including hosting, operating or developing the website, site and app analytics, information storage and technical assistance.
- Any prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, only in the event that we decide to sell or buy any business or assets.
- We may need to provide your information to people who advise us such as lawyers, or organisations who regulate what we do, so we can ensure we run a safe and lawful business.
How long we retain your data
- We will retain your information for as long as it is current (i.e. it is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us).
- We may, however, retain the information for longer periods where it may reasonably be required for legal proceedings.
|Circumstances in which personal information was provided||How long do we keep it?|
Information submitted via website contact form
|Contact by any other means (e.g. email or telephone)
|Contact via social media accounts||12 months
|A Book Review submission||Indefinitely or 48 hours after a request is made by the author of the review to remove it.|
Personal account registration:
· Email address
· First Name
· Last Name
· Username and password
Indefinitely if the account has been active within the last 12 months.
If the account is inactive for more than 12 months the user will be contacted. If a user replies requesting their account is deleted this will be done within 7 days of receiving their reply. If we do not receive a reply within 14 days then the account will be immediately deleted.
· Requested by email if a user has won a competition prize.
7 days after the date on which the prize was posted.
What rights you have over your data
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, these rights are the same as those that apply to adults and include:
Your right to be informed if your personal data is being used. An organisation must inform you if it is using your personal data.
The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Your right to get copies of your data. You have the right to find out if an organisation is using or storing your personal data.
Your right to get your data corrected. You can challenge the accuracy of personal date held about you byan organisation.
Your right to get your data deleted. You can ask an organisation to delete personal date that it holds about you.
Your right to limit how organisations use your data. You cn limit the way an organisation uses your personal data.
Your right to data portability. You have the right to get your personal data from an organisation in a way that is accessible.
The right to object to the use of your data. You have the right to object to the processing or use of y our perrsonal data in some circumstance.
Your rights relating to decisions being made about you without human involvement. Decisions are made about you when your personal data is processed automatically.
Your right to access information from a public body. Make a request for information from a public body.
Your right to raise a concern. Tell an organisation if you’re concerned about how they are using your data.
If you wish to action any of these rights you may contact us using one of the following options
Contact: Samantha Lamacraft
Post: 11 Braybrooke Road, Wargrave, RG10 8DU
Phone: 07816 350790
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner about the way in which we collect and use your personal data: www.ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.